My photo
Hi, I'm Debbie and welcome to my blog. I'm a mom to two amazing kids, and wife to a wonderful Husband. I thrive on being creative - thanks to my incredible Mom. She is talented in so many areas; she taught me to sew, enjoy baking and creating from experiences. I enjoy many forms of creativity: Graphic design (my newest venture), sewing, paper crafting and even cake decorating. I am constantly evolving and thus, an avid Pinner! The world and its array of wonderful people, will forever be inspiration. I hope you find something here that will inspire you to find your inner creativity. I love to learn new things and hear about my readers. Please leave a comment if a post has inspired you or just made you smile.

Saturday 24 February 2018

Scan n Cut - Bird house gift boxes

Hello there. I'm trying to keep warm as temperatures drop here in the UK.

Almost a year ago, my lovely MIL sent us some money - kids got bikes and I bought myself the Brother Scan n Cut - CM900.
I had been wanting an electric cutting machine for years. but never had the spare cash to get one.
OH MY - this machine has not disappointed me in the least.

Initially I watched a ton of YouTube videos, so when my machine arrived, I felt confident to just get cracking. I bought mine from Create and Craft as a bundle - it included a USB with cut files.
I loaded my paper and just selected a file.
Soon, I was cutting names that I had learnt to weld together. I fumbled my way through Canvas and then, tentatively, Inkscape. I have so much to learn, but can highly recommend the ride!

Canvas has new designs loaded periodically; they include a video of the make and the cut files to download.

This super cute Bird House is one of the cut files.


I used scrapbook 12'x12' card that I bought from Wilko's - it's double sided, so looked great from all angles.



It's very easy to put together - just remember to use strong adhesive. I used the red tape.

I hoard acetate from packaging, so used this for the windows.

The finishing touches were a tag I punched using off cuts, the heart from the off cuts too and organza ribbon.



Cute, even if I say so myself!

Thanks for popping by. Take care.

Debbie x




No comments:

Post a Comment