My photo
Hi, I'm Debbie and welcome to my blog. I'm a mom to two amazing kids, and wife to a wonderful Husband. I thrive on being creative - thanks to my incredible Mom. She is talented in so many areas; she taught me to sew, enjoy baking and creating from experiences. I enjoy many forms of creativity: Graphic design (my newest venture), sewing, paper crafting and even cake decorating. I am constantly evolving and thus, an avid Pinner! The world and its array of wonderful people, will forever be inspiration. I hope you find something here that will inspire you to find your inner creativity. I love to learn new things and hear about my readers. Please leave a comment if a post has inspired you or just made you smile.

Saturday 1 March 2014

A belated new years resolution.....

I have been in a tunnel....a long and dark one! Sigh....however, there is some light at the end of it now.
The move 10 months ago has really hit hard - my family and friends so far away, a cold, dismal winter and my hubby working away MOST of the time. There has been no will to create beyond the forced few cards.

3 weeks ago my hubby and I decided that I should return to gym...well the pool at least. I have also downloaded a fitness app to my ipad and now on a focused mission to get back to the old me....(and that is literally as 42 is but 3 weeks away...).

I have met some really great gals - Sarah, Kate, Jenny and Alison. Sarah and Kate are twins and enjoy crafting like I do; Jen (from the US) is the most inspirational and courageous gal I have met in ages and Alison is a fellow Saffer (South African) with the MOST ADORABLE baby girl.

It is truly amazing how God works - both Sarah and Jen have sons at the same school as O, and thanks to a mutual friend of Jen, I met Alison. We all have bits and pieces in common and thanks to this, I am beginning to feel whole again.

OK - so enough of my rambling.
My belated new years resolution - .........I am going to attempt to post something handmade once a week at least. I hope that this is the push I need to get me into the groove, and off the couch.

Sarah and Kate are trying to teach me how to crochet. Friends back in SA did show me a bit, but the mist has clouded those instructions. I was going to proudly post a pic of my first attempt, but the look of horror on my hubby's face deterred me. However, I will get it right somehow and hope that one of my future posts will include a crochet item.

I also want to make 12 tags of 2014 - if you are a Tim Holtz fan, you know what I mean. I will have to make Jan and Feb quickly and will post those as soon as I am done.

V celebrated her 2nd birthday in Jan and sweetly asked me (in her DIVA way) for a Hello Kitty party. I will post some pics of her cake which was such fun to make. O and V have decided that I have to have a princess party for my birthday, so I guess a princess cake will be made for them to enjoy.

Anyway....hope I have not bored you too much with all these thoughts and promises and hope to have something creative in the next few days to share.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment