My photo
Hi, I'm Debbie and welcome to my blog. I'm a mom to two amazing kids, and wife to a wonderful Husband. I thrive on being creative - thanks to my incredible Mom. She is talented in so many areas; she taught me to sew, enjoy baking and creating from experiences. I enjoy many forms of creativity: Graphic design (my newest venture), sewing, paper crafting and even cake decorating. I am constantly evolving and thus, an avid Pinner! The world and its array of wonderful people, will forever be inspiration. I hope you find something here that will inspire you to find your inner creativity. I love to learn new things and hear about my readers. Please leave a comment if a post has inspired you or just made you smile.

Thursday 1 May 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - April

Hi there - thanks for stopping by.

Today I am posting my April tag - I wanted to do something more masculine. I really battle when it comes to "male" cards etc. I had my eye on the Tim Holtz, Sizzix Weathered clock for a while. My wonderful SIL sent me an Amazon voucher for my birthday and I had so much fun spending it!



This month I also played around with backgrounds. Firstly I made a mask using acetate and the Tim Holtz weathered clock.  Once sprayed with re-positionable glue, I placed it on my tag. 

I started with The Ranger Adirondack colour washes - Butterscotch and Espresso and then used the Tsukineko Java Walnut ink. Before the inks were dry, I blotted them with a tissue and it looked a little like leather.
Once those were dry and the mask removed, I sprayed the tag with Perfect pearls mists in forever red, forever blue and forever green.
The Umbrella man is also a Tim Holtz die (cut from brown textured card stock and mounted on foam tape). Here again, I made masks with Tim Holtz Gadget gears and then spritzed a gold shimmer mist. I unfortunately don't have a brand for this.
The leaves are all Marianne Designs, cut in Matt gold card stock and then spritzed with the perfect Pearl mists again (forever red and forever green). The Bee embellishment is from my stash.

The tab at the top is from My Favourite Things - mini tabs foursome, cut in craft card stock. The wording is stamped using the "Dear Lizzy" word stamps (the ones that look like dates stamps and you turn the dials until you get the phrase you want......gosh, if I could only find the proper name for them......). This is then finished off with two bronze brads. The tag was distressed using my making memories distresser.

I am feeling a bird theme for the next tag - Just seen a lovely one on Tim Holtz's blog....

Take care and thanks for joining me.

2 comments:

  1. Hey welcome back . I didn't realise you were back in blogland until I saw your comment on my blog.
    I am also going through a tag making phase but haven't posted any as yet. Sounds like you have learned quite a few new techniques . Lovely male tag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy. Thanks for stopping by! Thanks for your comments and it is good to be back in blogland, even if it is in fits and starts. Looking forward to seeing some of your tags. Take care

    ReplyDelete