My photo
Hi, I'm Debbie and welcome to my blog. I'm a mom to two amazing kids, and wife to a wonderful Husband. I thrive on being creative - thanks to my incredible Mom. She is talented in so many areas; she taught me to sew, enjoy baking and creating from experiences. I enjoy many forms of creativity: Graphic design (my newest venture), sewing, paper crafting and even cake decorating. I am constantly evolving and thus, an avid Pinner! The world and its array of wonderful people, will forever be inspiration. I hope you find something here that will inspire you to find your inner creativity. I love to learn new things and hear about my readers. Please leave a comment if a post has inspired you or just made you smile.

Thursday 13 December 2012

Feather Wreath

It was our card class Christmas class on Saturday. Every year we pull a name from the hat and make that person a gift for Christmas. This year I pulled Amanda, our teacher. It is always a bit daunting having to create something for the teacher - HRH always has amazing ideas!

Being obsessed a fan of Pinterest, I have pinned numerous Wreaths and decided that I would make this as my gift. There are just SO MANY wreath ideas; I really battled to pin down an idea.
Amanda is a girlie-girl, queen of bling and all things fabulous. Feathers seemed to fit this fun, flirty and fabulous lady so I set about making a feather wreath.

Thanks to Pinterest I had a good idea of what would make a quick and easy wreath.

1 x pool noodle
strong tape (I used what we call Gaffer tape)
2 x feather boa's
white plush fabric
felt
MFT loopy bloom die
Diamante corsage pins
lace fabric
glue gun
Ribbon for hanging loop

Step 1 - decide on size of wreath and cut accordingly. Secure ends together with gaffer tape

 
Step 2 - cover with plush fabric to hide the noodle. I used the glue gun as I went to stick the fabric to the noodle. I left a flap open so I could insert the beginning of the feather boa.
 
 
Step 3 - start to wind the feather boa around the wreath. I only glued the ends down. I used 2 boas for my wreath. I can't remember the size as I forgot to measure it, but it was large. The boa's were 1.8m in length each.
 
Step 4 - cut the lace into strips and tie randomly around the wreath.
 





Step 5 - cut 5 felt flowers with the MFT loopy bloom and glue. Attach to the wreath with the Diamante corsage pins.
 
Step 6 - tie ribbon at top for the hanging loop.
 

 
 
For the wrapping, I made a large envelope from brown Kraft wrap. I cut 3 x cuttle bug snowflakes and the Sizzix large A. All were glittered and then attached. Satin ribbon finishes the look.
 

 
Amanda was rather happy with her gift and I totally LOVED making it! Hmm - will have to make some more......
 
Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment