My photo
Hi, I'm Debbie and welcome to my blog. I'm a mom to two amazing kids, and wife to a wonderful Husband. I thrive on being creative - thanks to my incredible Mom. She is talented in so many areas; she taught me to sew, enjoy baking and creating from experiences. I enjoy many forms of creativity: Graphic design (my newest venture), sewing, paper crafting and even cake decorating. I am constantly evolving and thus, an avid Pinner! The world and its array of wonderful people, will forever be inspiration. I hope you find something here that will inspire you to find your inner creativity. I love to learn new things and hear about my readers. Please leave a comment if a post has inspired you or just made you smile.

Sunday 28 October 2012

Lizzy's Owl doorstop and card

It has been ages since I sat in front of my sewing machine. Once I sat down and got into the groove again, I really enjoyed it! V's Godmother's Lizzy is turning 2 tomorrow. I decided to make her an owl door stop. I googled owl patterns on the web and found this fantastic free pattern http://ashbyfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/sewing-projects.html#axzz2AagylOVj

I had to make an inner owl out of Calico and then adjusted the pattern (bigger) to make the outer owl. I used some lovely 100% cotton.
The eyes, feet and beak are felt. I used my Die-namics flower die for the flowers and used the be-dazzler for the rhinestone centres.

On the backside I die cut a heart and then used my pinking shears for the edges.
 
 
For the card, I used my Sizzix - Owl 2 and the stamp is part of the Stampin up Aviary set. The owl would have looked heaps better if I had inked the edges, but time was running out so......
Luckily I had received this cute Owl gift bag with a gift for V, so it is being re-cycled for Lizzy. Must admit I do LOVE the bag...............

Hope Lizzy likes it!

Take care all. I will post the cake I made for O's 3rd birthday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment