My photo
Hi, I'm Debbie and welcome to my blog. I'm a mom to two amazing kids, and wife to a wonderful Husband. I thrive on being creative - thanks to my incredible Mom. She is talented in so many areas; she taught me to sew, enjoy baking and creating from experiences. I enjoy many forms of creativity: Graphic design (my newest venture), sewing, paper crafting and even cake decorating. I am constantly evolving and thus, an avid Pinner! The world and its array of wonderful people, will forever be inspiration. I hope you find something here that will inspire you to find your inner creativity. I love to learn new things and hear about my readers. Please leave a comment if a post has inspired you or just made you smile.

Saturday 11 September 2010

Gift's - Making and decorating

Hi there everyone. Hope you have all been well.  We have had an inkling of summer this weekend, lovely weather - but another cold front is about to hit.
My little angel decided he needed a good sleep today, so I had 3 hours to wrap a thank you gift and make two gifts for card class birthdays.

My Mom and Dad have been amazing with babysitting O for me. With hubby's new rotation and my overseas trip, they have been over the moon to be asked to spend some extra quality time with their youngest grandson.

As a thank you I bought my Mom a lovely cookie book - she had mentioned she wanted some recipes so she could make gifts etc. I covered the book in craft wrap and then made the flower by punching out 2 different shaped flowers. I die cut the large tag with my faithful Big Shot and stamped THANKS from Stampin Up. This was all tied together with some string.























For Joyce and Jenny from card class, I made boxes using my scor-pal. It took me a few attempts to get the sizes right! The paper is from one of the digital scrap book down loads which I printed both sides. I used the scraps to cut out flowers to decorate the lid. Inside has a host of die cuts, some scrap paper and some ribbons.
I love the cream, brown and blue colours















Box open with the lovely bits and bobs. I hope the girls like them!

Take care all and hope to hear from you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Such cool prezzies! What paper/cs did you use to make the tag on the first gift? Looks good! TFS
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there Helen - Firenze Cards! Thanks for the comment - The tag is brown craft card from the off cuts at Deckle edge. I used the antique Linen Distress ink on the edges

    ReplyDelete