My photo
Hi, I'm Debbie and welcome to my blog. I'm a mom to two amazing kids, and wife to a wonderful Husband. I thrive on being creative - thanks to my incredible Mom. She is talented in so many areas; she taught me to sew, enjoy baking and creating from experiences. I enjoy many forms of creativity: Graphic design (my newest venture), sewing, paper crafting and even cake decorating. I am constantly evolving and thus, an avid Pinner! The world and its array of wonderful people, will forever be inspiration. I hope you find something here that will inspire you to find your inner creativity. I love to learn new things and hear about my readers. Please leave a comment if a post has inspired you or just made you smile.

Saturday 26 July 2014

Embroidery- felt and fabric hearts

Hi there. Welcome!
This month I have been rather crafty, but no tag as yet.

I decided to give gifts to the teachers, assistants etc at O's nursery, as he is leaving to start big school. There were 12 gifts that I needed. I did not have money to go out and buy, so decided to explore what stash I had in my craft room.
My husband affectionately calls my hoarding "collecting", and it has paid off. I found felt and fabric, ribbons, buttons and beads, all waiting patiently for their turn.......
I looked through my collection of dies and settles on My Favourite Things heart. I cut out double in each fabric and then looked at the flowers etc that I had made previously.

This is what I ended up with:

Each heart was made with the recipient in mind. O and I chatted about each person and we tried to make things that he associated with that person.
I really had such fun making these. It kept my hands busy while I watched TV, so I did not feel like snacking.....

A few more pics, cause I am really happy with the way they turned out!




I will post the card I made for the nursery on a separate post.

Take care and happy crafting.
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment