My photo
Hi, I'm Debbie and welcome to my blog. I'm a mom to two amazing kids, and wife to a wonderful Husband. I thrive on being creative - thanks to my incredible Mom. She is talented in so many areas; she taught me to sew, enjoy baking and creating from experiences. I enjoy many forms of creativity: Graphic design (my newest venture), sewing, paper crafting and even cake decorating. I am constantly evolving and thus, an avid Pinner! The world and its array of wonderful people, will forever be inspiration. I hope you find something here that will inspire you to find your inner creativity. I love to learn new things and hear about my readers. Please leave a comment if a post has inspired you or just made you smile.

Saturday 1 March 2014

DIY - Re-purpose spice racks

This is a post that I started in summer last year........anyway better late than never!!

Hi there! Welcome to my blog. On Thursday O went back to school and Hubby was at home to look after V. I got a bee in my bonnet and decided to "up-cycle" two wooden spice racks that I have had for years.

BEFORE.......
 
Luckily the weather was lovely, so the base coat and paint took no time to dry.

Sanded vs original.....

Base coat on

A couple of coats later....

Backing board Hubby cut for me from MDF

O on hand after school to help paint.....check out that concentration!

Left one "distressed|"


Backing boards are a beautiful shade of vibrant pink, but you can't see the stunning colour in the light....

Varnised and finally drying


Distressed, varnished and drying. Indoors as it was now pouring with rain.....got to love the UK weather
 
Ta da!

Have to hang them with picture wire as I am not allowed to drill into the walls...

Punch storage looking so much prettier....and the punches no longer fall out the back.

Just LOVE the pop of colour

And Finally..........These bird cages were on sale at a local shop and were crying out to store my twine!
Now, just need to find a spot to put them...hee...hee

No comments:

Post a Comment