My photo
Hi, I'm Debbie and welcome to my blog. I'm a mom to two amazing kids, and wife to a wonderful Husband. I thrive on being creative - thanks to my incredible Mom. She is talented in so many areas; she taught me to sew, enjoy baking and creating from experiences. I enjoy many forms of creativity: Graphic design (my newest venture), sewing, paper crafting and even cake decorating. I am constantly evolving and thus, an avid Pinner! The world and its array of wonderful people, will forever be inspiration. I hope you find something here that will inspire you to find your inner creativity. I love to learn new things and hear about my readers. Please leave a comment if a post has inspired you or just made you smile.

Saturday 20 November 2010

Cake Decorating - Tortoise cupcakes

O turned one last month. I was inspired by a local animation for his birthday. Phil and his team at Sunrise Productions have created a wonderful, African animation that is universal. The baby tortoise in their character library just reminded me of O - big, beautiful, blue eyes.

I started with green fondant, shaped them and then hand painted the shells. The eye sockets were filled with white balls and then painted.
basic shape

Naked!!!!

The hatchery.......


close up...ain't I cute??

all of us

Well - only a few more sleeps till I leave the security of my job. Excited and scared - must make my hobbies pay my way now! Huge step - anyone got some good advice about making your hobby a business??

Take care and hope to hear from you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment