My photo
Hi, I'm Debbie and welcome to my blog. I'm a mom to two amazing kids, and wife to a wonderful Husband. I thrive on being creative - thanks to my incredible Mom. She is talented in so many areas; she taught me to sew, enjoy baking and creating from experiences. I enjoy many forms of creativity: Graphic design (my newest venture), sewing, paper crafting and even cake decorating. I am constantly evolving and thus, an avid Pinner! The world and its array of wonderful people, will forever be inspiration. I hope you find something here that will inspire you to find your inner creativity. I love to learn new things and hear about my readers. Please leave a comment if a post has inspired you or just made you smile.

Saturday 13 March 2010

Cake Decorating - Bling Shoes
















It seems like ages since I posted on my blog. This week has been pretty busy with looking after Oliver and other everyday things that take up your day in a blink.

Today was card class with HRH Amanda and Helen and some other very talented ladies. There are 3 of us celebrating our birthdays this month - Sharon, Amanda and myself.


I baked a yummy double chocolate cake and then iced it in delicate pink. I tried a quilted effect on the icing, but when I lifted the icing onto the cake it stretched! Lesson for next time!
A shimmer of pink glitter was dusted on top to add that girly sparkle. The final touch was a pair of sexy black stiletto's with diamante band, made out of sugar paste. Move over Kari Bradshaw...

Have a great weekend everyone

3 comments:

  1. Such a stunning cake - in pic and in "person" And DELISH!!! YG says thank you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fantastic! And love the new look of the blog! Welcome to blogland :)
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Debbie
    Have fun on blogland.
    Your cake was fantastic and delicious -- very clever with those dancing shoes!!
    Give Oliver a big kiss from Moi.
    See you soon --- Love Joyce.

    ReplyDelete